Summary of Activities/Interests
Field of interest
- Semiconductor processing in high technology level cleanroom including nanoscale electron beam litography, electron beam evaporation, scanning electron microscopy.
- Design, fabrication, and testing of nanomagnet-based structures such as NML full adders.
- Domain wall motivated research of nanomagnet switching.
- Electron beam technologies (Electron beam lithography system (EBL), Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Focused ion beam technology (FIB)
- Scanning probe techniques (Scanning probe microscopy (SPM), Atomic force microscopy (AFM), Magnetic force microscopy (MFM)
- Biomedical engineering, Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging methods
- E. Varga, G. Csaba, G. H. Bernstein, and W. Porod, „Experimental Realization of a Nanomagnet Full Adder Using Slanted-Edge Magnets,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 49(7), pp. 4452 - 4455, 2013.
- E. Varga, G. Csaba, G. H. Bernstein, and W. Porod, „Implementation of a Nanomagnet Full Adder Circuit,” Nanoelectronic Device Applications Handbook chapter, CRC Press, 2012.
- E. Varga, G. Csaba, G. H. Bernstein, and W. Porod, „Domain-Wall Assisted Switching of Single-Domain Nanomagnet,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 48(11), pp. 3563-3566, 2012.
- E. Varga, A. Imre, L. Ji, and W. Porod, „Simulation of Magnetization Reversal and Domain-Wall Trapping in Submicron Permalloy Wires with Different Wire Geometries,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 11(4), pp. 682 - 686, 2012.
- E. Varga*, S. Kurtz*, M. Niemier, W. Porod, G. H. Bernstein, and X. S. Hu, „Two Input, Non-Majority Magnetic Logic Gates: Experimental Demonstration and Future Prospects,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 23(5), pp. 053202, 2011. (* authors contributed equally to this work)
- E. Varga, A. Orlov, M. T. Niemier, X. S. Hu, G. H. Bernstein, and W. Porod, „Experimental Demonstration of Fanout for Nanomagnet Logic,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 9(6), pp. 668-670, 2010.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Notre Dame Department of Electrical Engineering, Notre Dame, IN May 2013 – pres.
University of Notre Dame Department of Electrical Engineering, Notre Dame, IN, May 2013
IBM Zurich, 2011 Summer