Contact InfoEmail: Thomas.email@example.com
Office: 108 Hessert Laboratory
Summary of Activities/Interests
Experimental Fluid Dynamics/Aerodynamics
Turbulent Shear Flows
Flow Stability and Transition
Compressible Shear Layers
Advanced Digital Signal Processing Techniques
Ph.D. - Purdue University, 1983
M.S. Purdue University, 1980
B.S. - Indiana State University, 1977
Dr. Thomas conducts his research in the Supersonic Research Laboratory and other laboratories at the Hessert Laboratory for Aerospace Research.
- Gordeyev, S.V., and Thomas, F.O., "Coherent Structure in the Turbulent Planar Jet, Part 2. Structural Topology via POD Eigenmode Projection,"Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 460, pp. 349-380, 2002.
- Gordeyev, S.V., and Thomas, F.O., "Coherent Structure in the Turbulent Planar Jet, Part 1. Extraction of Proper Orthogonal Decomposition Eigenmodes and Their Self-Similarity," Journal of Fluid Mechanics , Vol. 414, pp. 145-194, 2000.
- Gordeyev, S.V., and Thomas, F.O., "Temporal Subharmonic Amplitude and Phase Behaviour in a Jet Shear Layer: Wavelet Analysis and Hamiltonian Formulation," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 394, pp. 205-240, 1999.
- Liu, X., Thomas, F.O., and Nelson, R.C., "An Experimental Investigation of the Planar Wake in Constant Pressure Gradient," Physics of Fluids, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 2817-2838, 2002.
- Thomas, F.O., Nelson, R.C., and Liu, X., "Experimental Investigation of the Confluent Boundary Layer of a High-Lift System," AIAA Journal, Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 978-988, 2000.