Graduate Program and Web Coordinator
Graduate Program and Web Coordinator
College of Engineering
M.S. in Structural Engineering from IIT Kanpur, India
B.S. In Civil Engineering from Pantnagar India
Project Management Certification, University of Notre Dame
Web Specialist (2012 – Current)
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Notre Dame, US
- Created and maintained Department website Link
- Communicating with faculties, alumni and students regularly via Email, one to one meetings or group meetings to keep the website updated/improve for all the news, seminars, publications etc.
- Keep track of the traffic flow through Google analytics
- Executed research project (CyberEye) - planning, timelines and costing of web portion and implementation Link
- Created Presentations of department achievements, activities and progress for advisory board, alumni and parents annually.
- Creation and maintenance of social media sites for different events and activities.
- Helping and training administrative staff for any new technologies as needed in their tasks.
Project Lead, Risk Management Group (Acting Jr. Project Manager) (2002 -2004)
Successful implementation of Turkey and Taiwan Earthquake Hazard Model on the in-house software RiskLink
- Managed day to day project via coordinating between client (RMS), technical development team and software implementation team.
- Resource management, task allotment, conflict management and team building.
- Investigated the seismicity of the region and developed relational databases for the past events using pivot tables and other excel tools.
- Implemented stochastic model for generation of earthquake events.
- Validated and calibrated financial loss models for the past earthquake events.
Senior Engineer, Risk Management Group (2001 -2002)
Successful implementation of Fire Following Earthquake (FFEQ) Model for US on the in-house software RiskLink
- Analyze the needs of the client (RMS) and their customer via regular teleconferencing, face to face meetings and Emails.
- Development of inventory database for FFEQ simulation program at variable resolution grid.
- Implementing the database and calibrating for historical losses.
- Developed web based applications for insurance companies.
Engineer, Risk Management Group (2000 -2001)
Business Interruption Model Development and Testing
- Met with the client (OYO-RMS) to identify their communication and outreach needs and translate them to into technical requirements.
- Trained clients using web based applications.
Summary of Activities/Interests
- Competent in project management and execution by assuring the process, product and quality are in-line with project scope, budget and time-lines
- Competent to work with large quantities of statistical data and convert it into understandable results
- Skilled in Analyzing the data from the information collected, and come up with a solution to a problem
- Expertise in understanding requirements and interpreting the same in technical terms with due consideration to the objectives of the project
- Holds the credit of meeting and interacting with clients to gather their requirements pertaining to applications and ERP
- Skilled in first stage testing to ensure the quality standards, conducting GAP analysis and providing technical assistance to resolve critical issues
- Proficient in designing User Interface, web pages, presentations, newsletters and e-mailers using basic to advanced Adobe technologies
- Social Media – Created and maintained group & personal pages at Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest
- Project Management Tools – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Outlook, Project Management Apps