College of Engineering
Office: 106 Hessert Laboratory
Ph.D, Pennsylvania State University, 1974
M.S., University of Notre Dame, 1966
B.S., University of Notre Dame, 1964
Dr. Nelson conducts his research at the Hessert Laboratory for Aerospace Research.
- Nikolic, V.R., Jumper, E.J., and Nelson, R.C., "Modified, Discrete-Vortex Method for Studying the Effect of Wing Loading on Wake Dynamics," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 33, No. 1, January -February 1996.
- Arena, Jr., A.S., Nelson, R.C., and Schiff, L.B., "Directional Control at High Angles of Attack Using Pneumatic Blowing Through a Chined Forebody," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 596-602, May-June 1995.
- Grismer, D.S., Nelson, R.C., and Ely, W.L., "The Influence of Sideslip on Double Delta Wing Aerodynamics," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 451-453, March-April 1995.
- Arena, Jr., A.S., Nelson, R.C., "Measurement of Unsteady Surface Pressure on a Slender Wing Undergoing a Self-Induced Oscillation," Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 414-416, 1994.
- Arena, Jr., A.S., Nelson, R.C., "Experimental Investigations on Limit Cycle Wing Rock of Slender Wings," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1148-1155, Sept.-Oct. 1994.
Summary of Activities/Interests
Flight Stability & Control
Aircraft Wake Dynamics
Wind Turbine Control
Additional research information: http://engineering.nd.edu/departments/ame/research/current-research-of-dr.-robert-nelson.