Summary of Activities/Interests
Courses: Aerodynamics; Fluid Mechanics
M.S. - Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1991
Ph.D. - University of Notre Dame, 1999
Stanislav Gordeyev received his MS in Applied Physics in 1991 from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia and PhD in Aerospace Science in 1999 from University of Notre Dame, USA. Currently he is a research associate professor at the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame and a member of Aero-Optics group (led by Dr. Eric J. Jumper) at Hessert Laboratory for Aerospace Research. His research interests include fundamental and applied aspects of aero-optical aberrations caused by boundary layers, shear layers and wakes, as well as around complex geometries (nose- or side-mounted turrets) , passive and active flow control strategies, laser-based non-intrusive diagnostics, sensor design and testing and low-dimensional modeling of complex turbulent flows.
- S. Gordeyev, A. E. Smith, J.A. Cress and E.J. Jumper, “ Experimental studies of aero-optical properties of subsonic turbulent boundary layers", to appear Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2014.
- C. Porter, S. Gordeyev, M. Zenk and E. Jumper, "Flight Measurements of the Aero-Optical Environment around a Flat-Windowed Turret”, AIAA Journal, Vol. 51, No. 6, Jun. 2013, pp. 1394-1403.
- N. De Lucca, S. Gordeyev and E.J. Jumper, "In-flight aero-optics of turrets”, Journal of Optical Engineering, 52(7), 071405, 2013.
- B. Vukasinovic, A. Glezer, S Gordeyev and E. Jumper, "Flow Control for Aero-Optics Application”, Experiments in Fluids, 54, p. 1492, 2013.
- S. Gordeyev and F.O.Thomas, "A Temporal Proper Decomposition (TPOD) for Closed-Loop Flow Control”, Experiments in Fluids, 54, p. 1477, 2013.
- S. Gordeyev, J. Cress and E. Jumper, "Far-Field Laser Intensity Drop-Outs Caused by Turbulent Boundary Layers”, Journal of Directed Energy, 5(1), pp.58-75, Spring 2013.
- A.E. Smith; S. Gordeyev; E.J. Jumper. Recent measurements of aero-optical effects caused by subsonic boundary layers. Opt. Eng. 52 (7), 071404, 2013.
- S.Gordeyev, E. Jumper and T. Hayden, "Aero-Optical Effects of Supersonic Boundary Layers" , AIAA Journal, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 682-690, 2012.
- M. Wang, A.Mani and S. Gordeyev, ”Physics and Computation of Aero-Optics", Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 44, pp. 299-321, 2012.
- S. Gordeyev and E. Jumper, “Fluid Dynamics and Aero-Optics of Turrets", Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 46, (2010), pp. 388-400.
- S. Gordeyev, M. Post, T. MacLaughlin, J. Ceniceros and E. Jumper, "Aero-Optical Environment Around a Conformal-Window Turret", AIAA Journal, vol. 45, No. 7, pp. 1514-1524, 2007.
- S. Gordeyev, T. Hayden and E. Jumper, "Aero-Optical and Flow Measurements Over a Flat-Windowed Turret", AIAA Journal, vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 347-357, 2007.