Summary of Activities/Interests
Courses: Aerodynamics; Fluid Mechanics
M.S. - Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1991
Ph.D. - University of Notre Dame, 1999
Stanislav Gordeyev received his MS in Applied Physics in 1991 from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia and PhD in Aerospace Science in 1999 from University of Notre Dame, USA. Currently he is a research associate professor at the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame and a member of Aero-Optics group (led by Dr. Eric J. Jumper) at Hessert Laboratory for Aerospace Research. His research interests include fundamental and applied aspects of aero-optical aberrations caused by boundary layers, shear layers and wakes, as well as around complex geometries (nose- or side-mounted turrets) , passive and active flow control strategies, laser-based non-intrusive diagnostics, sensor design and testing and low-dimensional modeling of complex turbulent flows.
- S.Gordeyev, E. Jumper and T. Hayden, "Aero-Optical Effects of Supersonic Boundary Layers ," to appear in AIAA Journal, 2012.
- M. Weng, A.Mani and S. Gordeyev, "Physics and Computation of Aero-Optics", Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 44, pp. 299-321, 2012.
- B. Vukasinovic, A. Glezer, S.Gordeyev, E. Jumper and V. Kibens, "Hybrid Control of a Turret Wake," AIAA Journal, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 1240-1255, 2011.
- S. Gordeyev, J.A. Cress, E. Jumper and A.B. Cain, "Aero -Optical Environment Around a Cylindrical Turret with a Flat Window", AIAA Journal, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 308-315, 2011.
- S.Gordeyev, J. Cress and E. Jumper, " Far-Field Intensity Drop-Outs Caused by Turbulent Boundary Layers", DEPS, Beam Control Conference, 23-26 May, 20011, Orlando, FL. Paper 11-BC-050.
- S. Gordeyev and E. Jumper, "Fluid Dynamics and Aero-Optics of Turrets", Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 46, (2010), pp. 388-400.
- S. Abado, S. Gordeyev and E. Jumper, "Two-dimensional High-Bandwidth Shack-Hartmann Wavefront Sensor: Design Guidelines and Evaluation Testing", Optical Engineering, 49(6), 064403, June 2010.
- S. Gordeyev, M. Post, T. MacLaughlin, J. Ceniceros and E. Jumper, "Aero-Optical Environment Around a Conformal-Window Turret", AIAA Journal, vol. 45, No. 7, pp. 1514-1524, 2007.
- S. Gordeyev, T. Hayden and E. Jumper, "Aero-Optical and Flow Measurements Over a Flat-Windowed Turret", AIAA Journal, vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 347-357, 2007