Summary of Activities/Interests
Laminar and Turbulent Natural Convection in Enclosures; Stability of Flows; Nonlinear Dynamical Systems and Chaos; Two-phase Flows; Analytical and Computation Solutions
Ph.D. Cornell University, 1979
Dr. Paolucci conducts his research in the Computer Graphics Laboratory and other laboratories at Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering.
- Suslov, S. A., and Paolucci, S., "Stability of non-Boussinesq Convection Via the Complex Ginzburg-Landau Model," Fluid Dynamics Research, Vol. 35, pp. 159-203, 2004.
- Krechetnikov, R. V., and Paolucci, S., "Marginal and Weakly Nonlinear Stability in Spatially Developing Flows," Applied Mathematics Letters, Vol. 16, pp. 329-335, 2003.
- Paolucci, S., Yang, Z., Sen, M., "Solidification of a Finite Slab with Convective Cooling Shrinkage," Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 27, pp. 733-762, 2003.
- Suslov, S. A., and Paolucci, S., "A Petrov-Galerkin Method for Flows in Cavities: Enclosure of Aspect Ratio 8," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 40, pp. 999-107, 2002.
- Singh, S., Powers, J. M., and Paolucci, S., "On Slow Manifolds of Chemically Reactive Systems," The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 117, pp. 1482-1496, 2002.
- Shepel, S. V., and Paolucci, S., "Numerical Simulation of Filling and Solidification of Permanent Mold Castings," Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 22, pp. 229-248, 2002.
- Singh, S., Rastigejev, Y. A., Paolucci, S., and Powers, J. M., "Viscous Detonation in H2-O2-Ar Using Intrinsic Low-Dimensional Manifolds and Wavelet Adaptive Multilevel Representation," Combustion Theory and Modelling, Vol. 5, pp. 163-184, 2001.
- Suslov, S. A., and Paolucci, S., "Nonlinear Stability of Mixed Convection Flow Under Non-Boussinesq Conditions. Part 1: Analysis and Bifurcations," Journal of Fluid Mechanics,Vol. 398, pp. 61-85, 1999.
- Suslov, S. A., and Paolucci, S., "Nonlinear Stability of Mixed Convection Flow Under Non-Boussinesq Conditions. Part 2: Mean Flow Characteristics," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 398, pp. 87-108, 1999.