Contact InfoEmail: email@example.com
Office: 101 Hessert Laboratory
Summary of Activities/Interests
Dr. Corke joined the University of Notre Dame in 1999 and is the Clark Chair Professor of Engineering. He is the Founding Director of the Notre Dame Center for Flow Physics and Control (FlowPAC), and the Director of the Notre Dame Hessert Laboratory for Aerospace Research. His research experience is unusually diverse. It ranges from hydrodynamic stability and transition to turbulence, to fully turbulent flows. It involves an equally diverse range of flow fields including boundary layers, wakes, and jets. This has been applied to an exceedingly broad range of applications including aerodynamic performance enhancement, flight control, the internal flow of gas-turbine engines, acoustic noise control, and wind flows around buildings and structures. He has extensive experimental experience over the full range of Mach numbers from incompressible to hypersonic. His research also includes computational fluid dynamics especially with regard to acoustic receptivity, and in support of his pioneering research on Dielectric Barrier Discharge (DBD) plasma actuators. His research has made him a highly sought speaker for specialist conferences and by industry.
PhD - Illinois Institute of Technology 1981
- Design of Aircraft, by T.C. Corke, Prentice-Hall Publishers, 2002.
- Corke, T., Jumper, E. Post, M. and Orlov, D. 2002. "Application of Weakly-Ionized Plasmas as Wing Flow-Control Devices." AIAA 2002-0350. Submitted to AIAA J.
- Corke, T., Cavalieri, D. and Matlis, E. 2002. "Boundary Layer Instability on sharp cone at Mach 3.5 with controlled input," AIAA J., 40, 5, p. 1015.
- Erturk, E. and Corke, T. C. 2001. "Boundary Layer Leading Edge Receptivity to Sound at Incidence Angles. J. Fluid Mech., 444, pp. 383-407.
- Wanderley, J. and Corke, T. C. 2001. "Boundary Layer Receptivity to Free Stream Sound on Elliptic Leading Edges of Flat Plates," J. Fluid Mech., 429, pp. 1-21.
- Haddad, O. and Corke, T. C. 1998. "Boundary Layer Receptivity to Freestream Sound on Parabolic Bodies." J. Fluid Mech., 368 1-16.
- Corke, T. C. and Knasiak, K. 1998. "Stationary-Traveling Cross-Flow Mode Interactions on a Rotating Disk," J. Fluid Mech., 355, 285-315.