A center of tissue and cellular bioengineering
The Multidisciplinary Engineering Research Building is a hub of tissue and cellular research, one of the most exciting areas of biomedical engineering, with the potential to revolutionize the treatment of a wide variety of disorders and injuries.
Bioengineering faculty and graduate students are highly successful in partnering with other research institutions, medical schools, and medical device manufacturers nationwide.
The facility houses more than a dozen shared and designated laboratories, including:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Biomaterials Processing Laboratory
- Biomedical Imaging Laboratory
- Cell and Tissue Culture Laboratory
- Cell and Tissue Engineering Laboratory
- Computation and Simulation Laboratory
- Histology and Specimen Preparation Laboratory
- Micromechanical Testing Laboratory
- Mechanical Testing Laboratory
- Microfabrication Clean Room
- Polymeric Biomaterials Laboratory
- Stem Cell Culture Laboratory